Driving a brand new, shiny car out of the showroom is a great experience but how do you keep it in such a good condition once you get it home?
Our team at our Feeder Road dealership in Bristol have come up with some helpful pointers to keep your motor looking tip top:
- Avoid washing your car on a gravel drive when using a high pressure washer or hose pipe as any pressure put onto the gravel could cause it to spray up and hit the car, potentially causing unwanted chips in the paintwork.
- Try to always use professional car cleaning equipment. It’s not a good idea to use household products as these could leave nasty smears and make things more difficult for you.
- Steer clear of using silicone-based products on your pedals and steering wheel as this can cause them to become slippery and potentially dangerous when driving. A thorough wipe over will do.
- Try to avoid parking under trees to limit the amount of tree sap, blossom and bird poo falling onto your car – these items can damage your paint if not cleaned off in good time.
- Make sure the car’s engine is off and the vehicle is cool before starting work on it. Work out of direct sunlight and always make sure to leave windows and doors open if possible to give fabrics time to dry out properly.
Follow our advice and you’re car will be looking up to scratch at all times. Why not pop into the dealership and get some more free advice on car cleaning as our friendly staff will be happy to help.